Friday 19 October 2007

memory lane...

I went to the fabulous "Gallileo's Gazing" event at Glenworth Valley on the weekend. I had a great time, even though we arrived after most of the collegia had finished. It was so nice to see lots of friends and just be outside and surrounded by trees.

On the way home we took a detour and stopped in at a little town called Mooney Mooney which I used to call home way back in 1983/1984. My mum was principal of the local school for 2 years - there were a whole 32 kids back then. Now the enrolment numbers have dropped so far that they have had to close the school, thus the school and the teacher's residence (where we lived) are now locked up. We had the good fortune to run into the maintenance person who let us look around while they mowed the grass..

I was glad to note that the enormous hill that I rode down without brakes on my bike and broke my collarbone on was still fucking enormous.







our old house now empty and run down




the school playground and school buildings



view from the main school building




Our old front porch. Used to look a lot more liveable!

1 comment:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Wow! What are they going to do with the old buildings? They'd make great housing. Nice big garden areas too.
It's kinda sad to go back somewhere that was important to you, and find it's changed so much.