Monday 23 April 2007

Flying fish and the happy world of saline…

What a cool weekend! For once it didn’t fly by – probably something to do with the fact I didn’t have to sleep off a horrible hangover for a change!

On Friday night we were supposed to go to Flying fish with some friends but one of them was ill. My boy and I decided, "what the hell? Lets go anyway! We deserve it."
Man that was a good decision. The food was beautiful, the service excellent and the toilets less scary then last time I was there (instead of the glass being clear and only going opaque when you lock the door, the glass is now always opaque. Less cool but also less fear inducing. For those fans of Coupling, you’ll know what I mean when I say that it is now possible to declench!). We had a really great time. Because we ate late we got a beautiful table right near the window looking out on the Harbour Bridge and the Balmain Peninsula. Twas lovely. I am raving and I don’t even touch fishes!

On Saturday I woke up in anticipation of my most interesting “Belated Birthday Surprise” TM. I only had one clue – it was in Bondi Junction. I was happy when I discovered this as it ruled out most extreme sports and the Harbour Bridge climb (not quite ready for that experience yet. I’ll get there!) . It turned out that my “Belated Birthday Surprise” TM was an hour in a Float Tank followed by a full body massage! Hooray for my lovely boy! The girls at the gym will be very jealous! The float tank was a bit freaky initially but I soon warmed to the experience (once I worked out where to put my arms) and I would definitely do it again! Its cool bobbing around in Epsom salts in a dark box - Who would have thought it? It made for one happy girl. Who says you need ecstasy to go all happy and floppy? I was a bit concerned though when I found myself playing with my face in public. Were there drugs in that saline solution? Did I ingest them through my pores?

Saturday night we went to "The Minger Household" and partook of some yummy stirfry. I never thought I would see Gidget cook a meal for 4! We then spent several hours playing this silly but fun playstation game called the “Buzz music quiz” . I did not win. I think we were keen to play quiz games after our triumphant sweep of the quiz at the Gladstone park hotel on Wednesday. We won over $70 worth of bevies! We rock.

Sunday was spent sleeping, reading (Jodi Piccoult – 19 Minutes – a great read but quite chilling given the recent Virginia Tech incident), Watching Men Behaving Badly (not actual boys in my loungeroom but the DVD “Sofa Sofa Sofa Sofa Sofa Sofa”) and eating takeaway.
All in all, the perfect weekend!
HOORAY FOR NO SEWING!!!
Xxx

No comments: