Tuesday 31 July 2007

feebleness

I have been hiding a bit lately and hence not blogging. About two weeks ago I was overtaken by a great tiredness ("pungee" haha) and its taken me all this time to start feeling almost myself again. It has been a bit stressful changing jobs but that aside I just got knackered and needed a break. Luckily my boss let me take Thursday and Friday off last week and I have not had too much to write about because mostly I have been resting, sleeping, eating, resting and sitting on the couch since then. I realised (during my resting) that I have not really had any kind of break at all since I left NIDA and not only that, I was expecting to get one when my opera contract ended in June. So when my contract was extended I think my body/brain got very confused as the expected holiday did not eventuate and I just got very very run down (and felt like I had been run over). I was so tired it felt like I was ill! I am feeling better- normal tired rather then scary tired but I have very much been trying to take it easy and not doing anything to stressful or tiring as I don't want to bring the pungee back.

What have I been doing?
Shopping- 3 pairs of ballet flats for $20 each. Bargain! And one pair is sparkly!
Haircut - feels much better! NEW HAIR!!!
Movies - I saw Harry Potter 2 weeks ago which I loved. My that boy is growing up... (TOO YOUNG TOO YOUNG)
- I also saw the Simpsons Movie on Sunday which was unexpectedly hilarious. I have always been a bit of a simpsons fan, but just kind of forgot how funny it is. I really needed a cheer up and a good laugh and 2 hours in the cinema eating pods (still find that name funny) and laughing at Spider pig really did the trick.
Videos- I am almost through my 3 series box set of Inspector Lynleys. And now they are playing the new ones on Saturdays. I can never go out on Saturday nights again!
Manly - rather then a long drive short break long drive , Nick and I took the closer holiday option and caught the ferry to Manly on Friday and stayed over night in a lovely hotel. (bring on lastminute.com!) We ate yummy food at "Whitewater" restaraunt and got up and went for a walk along the beach in the sun on Saturday
Trivia - The GP has reinstated our trivia on Thursdays now so we sent a team ofMingers. Not only did we win the quiz but we won the Jackpot question too! We tied with one of the local guys Dave, but we still walked away with $40 each!
Sewing - I started working on my frock for R25. I am only up to the petticoat but at least I won't be nude!!!

2 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Good to hear you're still alive! I was beginning to get worried!
I'd love to catch up some time soon.

Miss D said...

Everyone loves the spider pig!

Stay well, get that nice boy to keep you on the right track!