Tuesday 31 July 2007

Streetcar Named Desire...

I went to see the open dress of the Opera's version of Streetcar today and really really enjoyed it. Being a contempory opera the music was a little more discordant then I am used to but you just can't go wrong with a Tennessee Williams story really can you? Yvonne Kenny was fabulous (And looked fabulous obviously... after much stress). She did a fabulous job of the role of Blanche and really does have an amazing stage presence. I really enjoyed the performance of the girl who played Stella (whose name just fell out of my brain), especially given that I know she took on the role halfway through the rehersal period as someone pulled out. The set was beautiful, set on a revolve so it moved around from the outside of the house to the two rooms inside. A really nice day at the theatre (especially given that technically I was "working").

No comments: