Sunday 8 July 2007

Live Earth with the Wolfies...

Scruff, Chicken and I rocked out at Live Earth yesterday in the VIP bar courtesy of the Wolfies.

I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable concerts I have ever been to. The vibe was great, and the predominantly Aussie line up was awesome. We arrived in the middle of Eskimo Joe and yes J we swayed along with the crowd! How could you not? Up next was the fabulous Missy Higgins who is just utterly adorable and performed a really wonderful set. She brought tears to my eyes (girly moment #1).
After gorgeous Missy was the John Butler Trio who were way more interesting live then I expected and really got the crowd going. Nothing like a good mexican wave!
Then HOORAY it was time for the Wolfies. Chris's little boy Pascal was sitting behind us and was utterly gorgeous throughout. He was partying like a real little rocker and totally charmed everyone. The boys really rocked and we had a great time.

Then we hung in the bar and missed Jack Johnson. We were too busy being star struck over the fact we had been sitting next to Toni Collette (girly moment #2). We also saw Peter Garrett and we worked out that Chicken doesn't even come up to his armpit!

To cap off a great evening, Crowded House wrapped it up. I was so so so excited I was jumping up and down (girly moment #3). I missed their opera house gig 10 years ago and I thought I would never get to see them live. They lived up to all my expectations - so so awesome. They finished up fittingly on "weather with you".
After the gig the VIP bar started handing out free drinks so it was even fun afterwards!

Scruff took lots of piccies so hopefully I will beable to post some soon! xxx

4 comments:

anti ob said...

Woot! Sounds like a great day! I missed the whole concert and went to go see a local ska band down at the pub, but you know the saying: "Think globally, drink locally."

Never Jam said...

Glad you had fun! Oh to have been there when Crowded House played. I was emotional just watching it online. I was sad that I missed the Opera House concert too, but I have tickets to Austin City Limits music festival where Crowded House will be playing. So I will get a chance to see them soon. Yay!

Unknown said...

And how! It was very cool.

Unknown said...

Not sure what I did there... but that link is for Photos!