Sunday 8 July 2007

The triple pillar of the world transform'd into a strumpet's fool.

On Wednesday night I went with Ms saggy pants to see "Antony and Cleopatra" at NIDA. My frock looked alright, especially given that it was made in a rush. It helps that the actress who is wearing it is utterly adorable.

I really enjoyed the show. It was a second year show so the acting was a bit hit and miss but the girl playing Cleopatra was wonderful. Aubrey Mellor directed it and pulled off another wonderful twist in interpretation. As it is unlikely that anyone reading this will go see it, here's the spoiler - he had the corpses of ant and Cleo strung up by their feet at the end in a line of rotting corpses. Oooh that nasty Caesar!

1 comment:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Thank you so much for dragging me - I really enjoyed it!
The twist was great, adn jsut goes to prove that the play's success really can hinge on the last moment.
Your frock was really cute.
Cleo rocked! She's one hell of an actress! I spent a lot of the play thinking "I can't listen to that actor any more!" in regards to many of the littler parts, and Caeser. But she rocked, and so did Mr AnaB.