Monday 19 March 2007

I'm free at last!

Of course the party was lovely and I had a fantastic time. OK OK I admit it I am girly (and probably occasionally prone to bouts of being neurotic)! So sue me.

I had a really lovely weekend with my family. On Saturday (my boyo’s birthday) we ended up chilling out all at home together and it was so nice to have family time. I miss having them all home.

Then on Sunday I went off to NIDA for my Graduation Day! YAY! We didn’t get to wear robes or funky hats but the ceremony was held in the Parade theatre and there was a NIDA montage up on the big screen featuring highlights from the class of 2006. And they provided a free bar and nibbles afterwards – always nice to drink free on NIDA. It was really nice to see everyone after 4 months. The only big let down was not being presented with my degree by the Head of Costume, but the Head of Production Crafts instead. This has inspired me to write a letter to the school as it would have meant a lot more if Fiona had been able to award us our degree.

Then we went off to dinner at The Summit – top of Australia Square. I ate the poshest Macaroni and cheese I have ever had. The view is always fantastic and the service was wonderful. If you haven’t been there, it’s a revolving restaurant that takes about an hour to go all the way around. It does have a cocktail bar and its worth popping in for a yummy concoction and to sit and watch the city go by. It was even better last night because the bridge was closed for the celebrations so all the streets were deserted and you could see all the people walking across the bridge with the funny little blue lights on their heads. Cool!

1 comment:

Cozalcoatl said...

Yay! That must be a awesome relief and you should be very proud of yourself.

When are you coming to visit? ;)