Wednesday 20 June 2007

Let them eat cake... and sew.

It was morning tea day today at work (once a month for birthdays). I ate cake and then felt sick. I also stuffed up my supposed diet. Ho hum. The challenge of cake.

I have been a bit quiet lately - no going out. No fun. And therefore no funky shows/movies to write about!

The reason for this is that I have been doing a fair bit of work. So I do have stuff to advertise! I have been making a gown for one of Cleopatra's handmaidens for NIDA's upcoming production of Anthony and Cleopatra. I am also making 7 slinky slipdresses for NIDA's 3rd year show Sweet Charity. My dresses are probably not a very interesting part of the production but Nicko is doing the sound design which is a big job as there will be an orchestra to deal with and lots of radio mikes. So I don't get to see him very often at the moment either. There are also some great actors who I have worked with in years previous performing in it. My mate Jess who played Ophelia in Hamlet last year is performing the role of Charity. The nice thing about them doing a musical is that a few people who don't always get a look in on big parts are getting a chance to show what they can do. I like that!

Work is getting busy too. I worked on Barber of Seville earlier in the year which is about to open in Sydney next week, and coming up are Tales of Hoffmann and Streetcar Named Desire which both should be amazing shows which lucky me I got to buy for. So if you feel like a night at the opera, these three shows look good at least!

So there you go. Thats why I haven't had much to post about! No social life to speak of!

I am escaping my dressmakers dummy for tonight though to pop out to meet the Mingers for TRIVIA - yay! I am going to attempt to be good so as not to feel bad tomorrow... watch this space!

1 comment:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

By the look of it (well, The Flatmate coming home at a resonable hour...hell, coming home at all!) you had a quiet one. I reckon those winning bastards are cheating - you should SO sabotage them next week. Famous 5 style. Something with sausages, and a big hairy dog, and a jug of milk. Hijack the microphone, and hire a chef in uniform to chase someone around with a clever...
Maybe I do need to start taking antibiotics...

Streetcar as and opera? Really?

And your Ophelia friend is beautiful - I'd love to see her in a different role. See what else she can do.

And I want to see your costumes. Better than naked actors.
Well, most naked actors...
can I submit a list of those I'd like to see...?