Monday 25 June 2007

That was a weekend?

Yes, as usual it flew by!

On Friday after work I went and did a fitting at NIDA for my Antony and Cleopatra frock. Its looking pretty cool now, but I am looking forward to getting it finished. Then I went off to meet the Mingers at Bligh Bar in (surprise surprise) Bligh street where we partook of some bevvys and chatted to Ms Minger’s English work colleague who was tres amusing. Then we met Nicko and walked down to the rocks with the intention of going to the Lowenbrau. Then the combo of no food, bacardi, grumpiness and tiredness combined and the clever people at the Lowenbrau thought better of allowing me entry. I can’t say I blame them. If I had knocked on my door I would not have allowed me entry either. We went into the bar behind where I proceeded to get more grumpy and finally we went home.

I woke up feeling (surprising indeed!) much better thank you very much! Neither ill nor grumpy! Hooray!
Nicko and I went in to the city for a 10.30 dress run of Barber of Seville at the Opera House which turned out to be hugely enjoyable. The music is just beautiful and we both loved the show. It was exciting for me as I had a biggish part in buying for it so it was great to see the stuff on stage. The designer is a young guy Leon who studied at WAAPA and it’s nice to see younger designers getting a chance to show what they can do. I think he did a great job.

Then, as it was $15 all day parking we took advantage of the blue sky and went for a walk in the botanic gardens and then had lunch under the toaster. It was a really lovely Saturday!

Then in the evening we went for yummy Nachos dinner at Nw and DV’s . Thank you Miss DV – I’m sorry I didn’t at the time realise you had gone to bed. I thought you had gone to check on Torby! So thank you for yummy dinner!

Then I got up yesterday and had to go to Spotlight (grumble grumble) as a result of crap supervision by a NIDA Student which left me without suitable elastic. Then I made a slip dress for Sweet Charity and kept working on the Ant and Cleo dress of doom. While doing this sewing I watched 10 episodes of The Office (and fell in lurve with Tim all over again) and the second season of Men Behaving Badly (my favorite). I also made carrot soup and minestrone soup and burritos for tea! Phew! No wonder I am tired!

So I was busy busy all weekend - and now it is gone. Come back…………

1 comment:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I know what you mean!!
The mountains were good. Have a plan to make a better plan, and take you all with me. Fun is funner if you can share it.
You, my dear, have had a productive weekend.