Monday 18 June 2007

When you stick to your limit...

I am sitting here at lunchtime having just eaten my yummy fresh spring rolls I made last night - thanks for the tip Scruff and Laela! Now I am going to eat my yummy homemade carrot soup.

I was letting my mind wander back over the weekend and I was reflecting on the speed at which it flew past! Where does my time off go? How did I ever cope last year when I worked on weekends too?

I had a quiet night in on Friday. Nicko has a bad cold and I have a NIDA commission so too much work to do/too feeble to go out. I felt bad though as I had said I would help SJ move and I hate backing out of something like that. I did get heaps of work done though which is just as well because the dress parade is on Wednesday and the frock is bigger then I first thought.

I got up early on Saturday and went for a yummy newtown breakfast with DV. I actually made it just after 10. 40 minutes late after a few major transport setbacks. It was nice to chat and catch up though and eat yummy food someone else has cooked. Then I went home to - you guessed it - sew some more! YAY!

As well as my work sewing I also managed to finish my new french hood. It has one or two minor issues but generally worked well. It stays on my head without pins! - see longer post to come on frock blog.

On Saturday night I literally bound myself like a trussed chicken into my old tudor for the Baronial Investiture feast. I was glad I did it though - I like my old tudor. I was telling people it was "vintage". 10 years old so I should be thankful I was only a little bit too fat for it.

The feast was lovely. Nicko wore his topsy vintage (circa 1997 according to mousicles) which looks cute on him. I was glad I ate a felafel at 4 pm though because as usual vegetarian food was scarce. What there was of it was yummy though. I wish the SCA would work out though that if you pile the veggies up with the meat the vegetarians don't want to eat it. No offence to the feastocrats - it ALWAYS happens - this time at least there was a mushroom pie to go with it!

I was very well behaved and stuck to my self imposed drink limit except for one eensy weensy glass of red wine supplied by Tops. Naughty girl. BUT SUNDAY WAS HANGOVER FREE!

I really enjoyed catching up with everyone and I enjoyed that my boy had a good time. It makes such a difference being at a feast when everyone comes.
I had a big sook when H and L stepped down as B&B. I was doing so well and thinking of all the positives but then I stupidly glanced around me and EVERYONE was crying. Then I cried. girly.

So on Hangover free Sunday I did - sensing a theme yet? - more sewing. And lots of cooking. In total I made: - yummy carrot soup, yummy bean and pasta tomato (soup) glug (pasta soaked up too much liquid!), a chicken with roast potatoes and veggies (for Nicko), some yummy fresh spring rolls (experimental) and some scrambled eggs (for breakfast). It was just like being back working in the pub. I also made a dumb skirt for dumb frock for dumb NIDA. All this and I even fit in a 2 hour visit to the Mingers place - wow. Maybe I should quit drinking?!?!? You can fit so much more into a weekend!!!!

3 comments:

anti ob said...

Nah, dont quit drinking, just quit having hangovers... its them that eats your weekends.

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I second that!!
I think the hang over during the week is the killer though. Throws you out for the rest of the week.

And if you stop drinking, certain young men we know might ACTUALLY get their end in, and we can't be having that.

HA!

Mousicles said...

Good to see everyone at the feast. It is cool to get out and see people all together occasionally.

SJ has moved? I've so lost track of her. I haven't seen her for 7 1/2 months.